|"The Blackout Part II: Mock Debate"|
|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Air date||August 19, 2012|
|Written by||Aaron Sorkin|
|Directed by||Alan Poul|
"The Blackout Part I: Tragedy Porn"
"The Greater Fool"
A blackout interrupts the interview with Sandy Whiddles, the witness for hire to congressman Anthony Weiner's indiscretions. Will and the crew preview their new debate format for GOP officials (Adam Arkin as Adam Roth, Jake McDorman as Tate Brady). Jim begins the vetting process for Solomon Hancock, the NSA whistle-blower. Lisa goes off the reservation during an on-air interview while Neal begins his trolling assignment.
- Adam Roth - a representative of the Republican GOP and a college friend of Will McAvoy.
- Tate Brady - a senior representative of the Republican GOP negotiating with News Night regarding debate coverage.
- Alexandra - a customer of Lisa Lambert.
The episode drew 1.96 million US viewers when it first aired on HBO.
- ↑ Bibel, Sara (July 23, 2012). "HBO Releases Details About August Episodes of 'The Newsroom'". TV by the Numbers.
- "The Blackout Part II: Mock Debate" at HBO.com
- The Newsroom Season 1 on Wikipedia
- "The Blackout Part II: Mock Debate" at the Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
- "The Blackout Part II: Mock Debate" at TV.com
|The Newsroom Season 1 (2012)|